Monday, March 24, 2014

Up Close and Personal

Artists Create Original Art.
I had to think of what size hexagons I wanted to use, and how much space they would take up. Also how large I wanted the bee to be. I also had to think about what medium I wanted to use to help create the best possible product.

I thought of things that would be interesting to do up close and I thought of a bee hive. Then I looked up some pictures of bee hives and used those combined with my own ideas to come out with the final product. I mostly used the researched photos to help with the values in the hives.

Artists Take Risks.
I wasn't completely sure how to actually draw a bee, so that was a risk that I took. Also another risk was drawing hexagons. They needed to be precise and even throughout the entire project and that was one of the biggest challenges for me along with learning to draw a bee. 

I chose to draw the background in chalk pastels and that ran a risk because I had never used chalk pastels before until this class. I used colored pencils to color and add texture to the bee, but the chalk pastels was a new medium to me. 


Artist Solve Problems.
When I came to challenges as I worked I often asked people around me what they thought I should do. When I was struggling with the hexagons, someone sitting near me suggested that I draw one hexagon, cut it out and trace it for the remaining hexagons. This advice helped me significantly.

The only mistake that I ran into was when I did the shadow. At first I made it too dark but I evened it out and fixed it to the best of my ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment